For some couples, trying to conceive (TTC) can be one of the most stressful events of their lives. Women often bear the brunt of responsibility for fertility, but men account for almost 40% of reasons behind fertility difficulties. Supporting women (with or without a partner), men, couples (same or opposite sex), is my passion. Treatments are efficacious and tailored specifically for each person at that moment in time. I offer a safe and comfortable space for clients to express their concerns and fears, to switch off the monkey mind, and feel calm and relaxed.
Recognising the difficulties around scheduling appointments, especially when undergoing IVF, flexibility is key and out of hours appointments are available when necessary. I will strive to give you the much needed emotional support, listen without judgment, and helping you come to terms with their situation and strengthen you at every level.
How does acupuncture help?
- The use of acupuncture for fertility is growing for both natural and assisted conception, here are some of the benefits
- Regulation of the menstrual cycle and encouraging ovulation
- Improving ovarian function to maximize the production of quality eggs
- Hormone regulation to improve the number of follicles produced
- Encouraging blood flow to the uterus to improve the thickness of the uterine lining to support implantation
- Improving the quality of sperm count, motility and morphology
- Keeping stress levels down which can have an adverse effect fertility hormones
- Making assisted conception a less draining, depleting, and stressful experience
Conditions which can effect fertility
Some women also have problems with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and Endometriosis, which can have a devastating effect on fertility, and result in higher risk pregnancies. Acupuncture can be beneficial for these conditions, especially in conjunction with given dietary and lifestyle advice.
For the record, I have extensive gynaecology and obstetrics post graduate training studying with Dr Trevor Wing (Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics) covering all aspects of Western Medicine as well as TCM. I am a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network (AFN), a special interest group of acupuncturists committed to on-going post graduate study of gynaecology working to maintain an understanding of current treatment practices in both Western and Chinese medicine
Sally offers acupuncture and fertility support in South West London
Ready to find out more?
Call me on 07973 379304 to find out more