Are you struggling with debilitating periods (or perhaps no periods), raging hormones, awful pain and a body that feels like it’s fighting against you? Are you exhausted and foggy, and having to miss out on the life you want at least some of the month? Are your periods dictating your moods and your energy levels? Have you been diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids or another gynae issue. And though you might not be ready for a baby at the moment, do you worry for your fertility with all these symptoms?
Well, you’re not alone. And helping with acupuncture for women’s health, such as hormone balance, the menstrual cycle and gynaecological issues is a huge part of what I do.
Acupuncture for women's health conditions
Conditions which respond wonderful to acupuncture and Chinese herbs include:
- Period problems, including heavy periods (menorrhagia), light periods (hypomenorrhea), painful periods (dysmenorrhoea), irregular periods (oligomenorrhea) and absence of periods (amenorrhea)
- Uterine fibroids and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Cystitis and recurrent bladder infections
- Any problems impacting female reproductive or sexual organs
- Hormonal imbalance issues such as acne, hair loss, dry skin, loss of libido, hot flushes, mood changes, weight changes, sleep problems…
- And don’t forget, I treat (peri) menopause issues and fertility problems
"I cannot recommend Sally enough! I came to her having experienced 8 years of secondary amenorrhea and she helped me to get my cycle back on track. Sally is very warm and approachable and dedicated to her practice, giving such appropriate treatment I could literally feel the energy circulating round my body and left feeling great. Thank you Sally!"
"I am 18 years old and have been suffering from heavy painful periods since I was 11. I have tried different pills prescribed by the doctor without much success. I had a course of acupuncture with Sally and found that my periods got lighter and I now feel more able to cope with the pain, which is much less."
"I feel great today Sally! I went to yoga today and I SLEPT! I am a new woman – thank you."
EW, 32 (Emma)
“Sally has a true heart and soul in a fast paced modern world; it is rare to see such a strongly compassionate character. I found her treatments really grounded me and helped me feel solid when life was throwing me around.”
"After being diagnosed with alopecia, I was recommended to try acupuncture. I was experiencing fairly rapid hair loss, over a short period of time, which caused a lot of worry. When I began the treatment with Sally I found I was calm, relaxed and energised after the sessions. Her calming and caring approach, make you feel at ease, but also helped me to stay positive and cope with the condition itself. Towards the end of the course of treatment, my hair had amazingly begun to grow back, and has continued to do so since. I would highly recommend Sally.”
I’m passionate about empowering women to feel well and live life to the full, whatever hand they’ve been dealt. And, though I have a particular focus on fertility support, essentially the route of all this work is bringing balance to the underlying function of everything to do with women’s health - the natural rhythms, the menstrual cycle and hormones, the reproductive organs, and the emotional balance.
I’ve specialised in acupuncture for women's health for over a decade and trained with the very best. In addition to my BSc in Acupuncture and MSc in Chinese Herbal Medicine, I’ve a Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine Obstetrics and Gynaecology with Dr Trevor Wing and have done many advanced courses in conditions such as endometriosis and PCOS.
Places are limited!
I limit the number of people I work with at any one time to ensure I deliver the level of service and support I pride myself on, and my clients get the results they desire. I often have a waiting list so please bear that in mind.
Our work together
Through our work together, we’ll move your body from injury mode to a place where it can begin to heal and then flourish. I ask my clients to commit to an initial period of work together to put the foundations in place (with acupuncture, Chinese herbs, hormone testing if needed, holistic health protocols and one to one support). This is my Acupuncture for Women's Health Foundation. We then support your health restoration on an ad hoc basis, with treatment frequency based on your progress (see ongoing pricing here).
Women's Health Foundation (2-3 Month Treatment Package)
- Extensive pre consultation questionnaire with analysis
- Initial consultation, evaluation and diagnosis session (90 mins including 1st acupuncture treatment)
- Hormone blood tests and result interpretation (if required)
- Personalised diagnosis report
- Initial treatment plan
- 8 further acupuncture sessions (9 in total) lasting approx. 55 mins at weekly, then fortnightly intervals. Includes access to peak times
- Bespoke Chinese herbal medicine delivered to your door
- Targetted holistic health protocols, including fertility awareness, stress management, lifestyle and dietary approach
- Full support including between sessions and out of hours via Signal
Ready to stop your periods and hormones dictating your life? Then let's talk.
My discovery call is a 15 minute free chat where we can check we’ll work well together and you can ask any questions you may have. And if all feels great, we’ll get you booked in for your initial consultation (no obligation; no hard sell).