The Big Superfoods Breakfast
This porridge is low GI, alkaline and has all the 5 tastes and colours so it’s all round good for you. Mix up the following seeds and nuts together in a bowl – for one portion about ½ – 1 teaspoon of each will be enough – but experiment to your taste. You can pre-mix a jar for ease and quickness once you know what you like.
- Goji Berries –used in Chinese medicine for 1000’s of years boost immune system and keep your heart healthy
- Hemp Seeds – lowers cholesterol, good for maintaining blood pressure, provides essential amino acids and aids tissue repair
- Chia Seeds – rich in Omega 3 Cacao nibs – source of antioxidants and good for libido,
- Slithered almonds – soak well, alkaline
- Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds – rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
Soak overnight in water or coconut water. For the foundation of your porridge you can make your own combo from oats, barley, buckwheat, spelt and quinoa flakes. Soak those overnight with the seeds for a smoother porridge.
In the morning chuck it all in a non stick saucepan, add more water again to taste and, depending on how creamy you like your porridge, if you have not added your 2 x tablespoons of grains do so now and cook quickly – you don’t have to leave it to bubble for ages – I find mine is usually done in about 2-3 mins max. Sprinkle with Bee Pollen Grains (not soaked) the biggest superfood of them all incredibly nutritional it is a complete food packed with proteins and amino acids (worth a Google) and Hemp Oil if liked to taste.